Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Attorney Peter Blatt
Partner Biography: Peter Blatt, Esq.
Peter Blatt provides a full-range of estate planning, tax planning, financial planning and creditor protection services for his clients. With a Master of Law degree (LL.M.) in taxation from the University of Miami School Of Law, he offers particular expertise to his clients in trusts, estate tax, income tax, creditor protection and financial planning. Prior to earning his LL.M., Mr. Blatt graduated cum laude from Boston University with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, and received a Juris Doctor degree, also with honors, from the University of Miami School of Law.
Mr. Blatt practiced as an attorney for many years with the largest law firm in West Palm Beach. Mr. Blatt also worked with a Palm Beach County Trust company as senior vice president and founded Blatt Legal, PLC in 2002. In May, 2007 he partnered with José Luis Rey to form The Business & Real Estate Law Group, P.L. He has been widely published in numerous journals regarding various legal issues as they relate to estate, asset protection and financial planning including:
- "Special Considerations for the Smaller Estate," National Business Institute, August 31, 2000
- "A Practical Primer on the Use of Trusts", Legacy - Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, September 2000
- "Florida Income Tax Planning for Estates and Trusts", National Business Institute, National Business Institute, July 20, 2001
- "Integrating Retirement Plans into the Estate Planning Process in Florida", Lorman Education Services, November 20, 2001
- "Asset Protection Techniques in Florida", National Business Institute, June 14, 2002
- "Sophisticated Estate Planning Strategies for the Advanced Practitioner in Florida", National Business Institute, May 2003
- "Unraveling the Mystery of Asset Protection Vehicles in Florida", National Business Institute, November 8, 2004
- "The Use of Trusts in Estate Planning in Florida", Lorman Education Services, December 8, 2005
- "Safeguarding Your Client’s Wealth", National Business Institute, May 11, 2006.
He frequently appears at estate and financial planning seminars throughout the state of Florida to lecture on topics related to estate and tax planning.
Mr. Blatt is currently a member of the Executive Council, and former secretary of the Tax Section of The Florida Bar. He was an editor of The Florida Bar Journal. Mr. Blatt serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Jewish Community Center of the Greater Palm Beaches, for the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. To reach Peter, please call (561) 625-0900 or email him.