Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Attorney Jose Luis Rey
Partner Biography: JOSÉ LUIS REY
For over 15 years, José has helped companies and individuals advance their legal interests in a result oriented, timely and cost-effective manner. Firm clients appreciate José’s business acumen and his ability to provide straightforward solutions to complex legal problems.
Prior to founding the Business and Real Estate Law Group, José was corporate counsel for Terra Lycos, the U.S. Internet subsidiary of Telefonica S.A., the world’s third largest Internet company. José was responsible for a variety of transactional work for the company’s United States and Latin American operations. He was also the Executive Director for the Screen Actors Guild in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
José lives in Miami with his wife and two young children.
Advertising, Sweepstakes and Marketing Law
Having worked for a top international company, José has extensive experience in the intricacies of advertising, sweepstakes and marketing law. His practice particularly focuses on assisting advertising agencies and Fortune 1000 companies (such as Proctor & Gamble, Chevron, and Comcast) with game promotion marketing for the US Hispanic market. Some areas of note:
- Advertising and Marketing Material Legal Clearance
- Proper Structuring of Sweepstakes, Contests and Games of Chance
- Internet and Social Media Campaign Compliance
Please see our more extensive Advertising, Sweepstakes and Marketing Law overview.
Real Estate Transactions
José has in-depth experience helping commercial lenders, landlords, tenants and investors sell, purchase and lease real property. He can assist in all aspects of a transaction including the drafting of leases and contracts, clearing title, finance, effecting security interests (e.g., UCC-1’s), negotiation, foreclosures and distressed properties. José also assists clients with the purchase of luxury residential real estate. You can read more about our Real Estate Practice here.
Corporate and Contract Law
José drafts and reviews contracts nearly every day. From non-disclosure agreements, term sheets and letters of intent, to licensing agreements, agency agreements, and shareholder buy-outs. Here is a sampling of the work he does.
- Incorporation Services (Articles of Incorporation, By-laws, Shareholder Agreements, Operating Agreements, Registered Agent Services, etc.)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Internet & eCommerce Compliance Documents (such as Privacy Policies and Terms of Sale)
- Employment, Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure Agreements
Please explore the following links for a more through review of our Contract Review and Drafting services.
José writes, reads, and speaks fluent Spanish and has lived and worked in Puerto Rico and Spain. His Spanish fluency combined with his international legal experiences in Latin America and the Caribbean allows him to be an excellent resource for clients looking to navigate the Hispanic market and community in Florida or extend their reach beyond Miami.
- Florida Bar Member
- Dade County Bar Association Member
- Member South Florida Group of Regional Counsel (2000-2003)
- Member of SFGRC Advisory Committee (2002)
- Member and Agent Old Republic National Title Insurance Company (2004-2013)
- University of Miami, 1997 J.D.
- Inter-American Law Review, Associate Editor
- Boston University, 1992 B.A.
- Buchbinder & Rey, P.L., Founding Member and Managing Partner
- Terra Lycos, Senior Attorney
- Screen Actors Guild, Executive Director - Puerto Rico